The address for our plant and offices is GWE Biogas Limited, Sandhill, Kirkburn, Driffield, East Yorkshire, YO25 9DR. If you get stuck or lost, call us on 01377 229425 and we’ll do our best to help.
Lorries must not travel between the A166 and A614 through Garton-on-the-Wolds at any time. All HGVs must access and exit the facility via the A614. This road is easily accessible when coming from the North as well as from the M62/South, as it links to the A166 via Wetwang.
From the South/West
- Take the exit at Junction 37 of the M62, which is just as you come over the Ouse Bridge. Follow the signs for Bridlington, which will take you past two BP garages and on to the A614. Follow the A614 for approximately 23 miles, following signs for Bridlington.
- As you leave the village of Bainton, take the 3rd exit at the roundabout which will signpost you to Driffield. Follow the A614 for 2 miles, passing a hand car wash and Harvest Energy filling station in the village of Kirkburn.
- As you leave Kirkburn, the turning for GWE Biogas Ltd is on your left, there is a small sign directing you, and our entrance is on the right at the top of the first incline. If you reach Kelleythorpe on the A614 you have missed our turning.
From the North – Cars and other small vehicles ONLY
- Take the A166 from the A64 at York, and follow for approximately 20 miles until you reach Garton-on-the-Wolds.
- In the village, take the right turn by the War Memorial signed for the church, and follow the road past the school and for approximately 2 miles. Our entrance is on your left after a small cluster of houses. If you reach the A614 you have gone too far, we are behind you!
From the North – HGVs and other large vehicles
- Take the A166 from the A64 at York and continue on the A166 and use the by-pass around Driffield to meet the A614.
- OR come south through Wetwang and use the A614 again.